Monday 27 October 2014

New Kids on the Blog...

Her Visual Diary.

Name: Payzee Mahmod 
Age: 27
Location: Surrey
Hometown: Iran. Iraq & Saudi Arabia 
Blog: fetishforfinefabrics.tumblr.com

How long have you been blogging?
I have just started blogging this week due to the number of requests I had. I have had a tumblr and Instagram account for a few years which I used as my blogs up until this week. 

How long have you been interested in fashion? 
I have always been interested in fashion for as long as I remember, I always asked my parents for a specific item of clothing on special occasions and birthdays. As a child I watched my mother make some of out clothes and other things around the house such as quickly pillow covers and bed covers. 
I really started playing with my clothes at school because I hated how I looked like everyone else in my uniform, I started taking in my school trousers and making them skinny, and adding slits to my skirts. All this was done on my mothers sewing machine which I wasn't allowed to use, I now have my own, which is identical to my mothers. During my teens I continued to experiment and found in my early twenties I really found who I was in terms of fashion. Now at 27 I look forward to putting my outfits together everyday and sharing it with others. 

Who/what are your influences?
My mother is my biggest influence, she is a woman who has never given up and that drives me in all I do. I adore women like Cher and Elizabeth blow. 
I would also say my heritage has a strong influence in the way I dress and the person I am, I am very proud of my heritage and always try to incorporate into my designs. 

How hands on are you with your blog?
I have been updating it every day and will hopefully remain a frequent blogger as I want to inspire daily, I thought about doing a weekly or fortnightly post but the reason I wanted to blog everyday or as often as possible is to show how to style things in different ways.  

How has your style evolved?
I feel my style is eve loving everyday, I have never been to look at trends and use them as inspiration when I dress at that particular time when the trend is big, I mix what I wear so some days it could be classy but 90s with a hint of street wear. 

What's the best part about blogging?
I like sharing my ways of styling garments and allowing others to be able take inspiration from that, the feedback I get is always a big motivator. 

What's the hardest part about blogging?
So far I think the only thing is I have not gotten a camera man to do all of my pictures everyday, but I am working on that, as I want very clear pictures to show as much detail as possible. 

What's your current favorite brand?
My favourite brand at the moment is my own, even when I don't produce everyday or as often as I want to I love wearing my own clothes made by me. 

What's the next step for you and your blog?
I would like to continue to inspire and build my blog a great reputation for inspiration and ideas.

What are your hoped for the future, career wise?
I hope to be a successful designer and fashion icon, I want to be able to share my passion with others and be successful at it. 

What trends do you think will be popular next year?
I think sheer is going to stick around for a while, as well neoprene and oversize.








No comments:

Post a Comment