Monday 27 October 2014

New Kids on the Blog...

     The Fabulous Nobody.

Name: Robbie  
Location: Sicily
Hometown: Palermo
Blog: www.thefabulousnobody.net

How long have you been blogging? 
I started with the "The fabulous Nobody" project about three years ago with the idea of ​​using the blog as a container of my main interests, even if I have to say that lately I have become a more fierce instablogger 

How do you feel about the affects of blogs and social media?
I think that instagram and Tumblr are the most immediate ways to express my point of view and find creative exchanges.

How long have you been interested in fashion? 
When I was eleven, rather than comics and games - and except for some Barbies - I started buying my first fashion magazines. I come from an artistic family, so I was interested in illustration and patining. I went on to study at an art school and then the academy of fine arts.

Who/what are your influences? 
The post punk culture and all the creative wave that emerged in the 80's. I can say that the monster that still influences me is a frankenstein made up from: Picasso, Vesace , Westwood, Grace Jones, Memphis design group, Rei Kawakubo, Leight Bowery, etc...

How hands on are you with your blog?  
I personally take care of the blog with the support of my partner. From the beginning of 2015, I plan to redesign the site, and my London based editor, will join the team.

How has your style evolved over the years?
Style is a reflection of who we are and the direction we've taken in life.  
For me I always choose what I'm going to wear in a very instinctive way,  always with the intention of having fun. As a stylist I learned to play with all kinds of things, I particularly like strong contrasts.

What's the best part about blogging? 
The human relationships that I have established, thanks to my project I  come in contact everyday with people from all over the world and so many new friendship have been created - I very much appreciate the encouragement of my followers .

What's the hardest part about blogging? 
It is always a race against time, I would need a day of 48 hours and a private jet to reach the right place at the right time.

What's your current favorite brand? 
Although I am bound to some brands, mostly British, I always look more at  collections rather then labels .

What's the next step for you and your blog? 
The fabulous nobody project is not only about the blog but it involves a lot of ideas that are developing slowly. In the last year, many important things have happened, collaborations with brands and stores and new important contacts have taken the light.

What are your hoped for the future?
My aim is to grow as a human being in all the aspects of my life .

What trends do you think will be popular next year? 
After returning from fashion week, I have noticed that there is a strong reference to the 70's, with a few exceptions. The great achievement of our time is to be able to direct our preferences to a wide range of varied proposals.






No comments:

Post a Comment