Wednesday 29 October 2014

Alexander Wang + H&M = Sportswear Chic

H&M is without a doubt, one of my top ten stores. You really can't go wrong in there, great price and incredible style, that seems to be orated way quicker than any other high street store, meaning my pockets are left empty, but my wardrobe is bulging.

One of the great things about H&M is their collaborations. Every time I see who they've lined up to collaborate with, I automatically yell "How the hell?!" I even begin to plan how I'm  going to save up to buy the new pieces and how I'm going to best the other crazy bitches who are dying for some Lanvin, Stella McCartney and Versace, to name a few. 

Alexander Wang is the current H&M collaborator. Wang is already a genius in the fashion stakes. His stunningly sexy, midnight blue dress that donned the body of the gorgeous Dakota Johnson, was like a bad girl's fairytale dream. Being not the most sporty woman in the world, I still crave sportswear, for day-to-day life, but left face it, it's hardly ever attractive, until the wonderful Mr Wang met H&M. His collection is simple, yet affective. Greys, blacks, whites and pinches of blue, put together with a cutting edge version of 80's style gym gear, to make you put the hot in to and sweaty.

In a recent interview with Elle (UK) magazine, Wang described his collaboration in five words; Urban, unprecious, technical, accessible and fun. I can't help but think that the height of the Olympics in 2012 has inspired his range. We now see sportsmen and women as icons, and why should we? They're incredible at what they do, they're normal, humble, down to earth people and they're great role models - Thiugh they do make us lazy ones feel, well... lazy. 

It fair to say, the most sport I'll be taking part in, is running to the nearest H&M that stocks this game changing range, or perhaps this collaboration will inspire me to work out?






(images belong to Alexander Wang - they do not belong to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment